“Ask the Coaches” Nutrition Series: Coach Bram
- What does “healthy eating” look like to you? Why do you define it this way?
Healthy eating is an individual creation for everyone because what may look healthy for one person may be unhealthy to another person for certain reasons. Often healthy eating is balance where you can enjoy your food, and not stress about what you’re going to eat throughout the day. I define this way because of my own personal experiences and trials that I have had over the years. Sometimes we often stress way too much about food when it should be a simple process.
- What changes have you made to your eating habits & nutrition in 2018 and why?
I have made the decision to eat a little more food in order to meet the demands that I put my body through because of the training goals that I have.
- Do you struggle with a certain aspect of nutrition? What kind of strategies do you use to combat that struggle?
I tend to overthink my nutrition from time to time, and I combat this by acknowledging it for what it is and then evaluating my thoughts. This process helps me create self-awareness and accountability, ensuring that I make the right decision in the future.
- Do you have a favorite meal to make? Share the recipe!
I do not really have any favorite meals, I keep it simple by having a protein, veggie, and source of grain or starch at each meal.
- What is the most helpful piece of nutrition advice you can pass along to others?
You are only one meal away. Always. When you have a little hiccup when it comes to your diet and you feel bad, use the next meal to turn it around.