This has been one of those weeks! But, it is Friday and I have a lot to look forward to this weekend and in the near future so I can’t really complain.
I think today will be a Friday rant! I am just going to start listing off tips or things that bother me about the fitness world and see where the heck this takes me today.
I encourage you to read on, this could get interesting…
1) I have no real tolerance for excuses. I have been in terrible shape! I have been fat. I had the worst eating habits of anyone that I knew and I loved to drink a lot of beer. However, I made my mind up that I wanted to change and that is exactly what I did. You can do it to if you shut your mouth, quite making excuses and get right to it.
2) There are ups and downs in every plan. There isn’t a program in the world or a person that can have continued success with fat loss and never slip up or hit a plateau. So, don’t think you are special and should always be losing 10lbs a week of fat. You will slip up and eat something you shouldn’t have eaten. You will skip a workout or two. You will gain a little weight after a cheat meal, or weekend, or month. It isn’t about if you slip up or how much it is about how you react after you slip up. Get right back on your plan and forget about it.
3) The shake weight is my all time favorite gimmicky fitness product. Watch the youtube video to see why. I laugh out loud every time I see it.
4) I am taking my official stance that I don’t like p90X or any of the other video workout things that are out there. Unless it has my face on it I am not approving. Maybe that is just my ego talking.
5) I think I should come out with an exercise program DVD. Would you buy it?
6) I am a true believer that you don’t need more than 20 minutes of intense exercise 3-5 times per week to get great results. I wouldn’t have thought that a few years ago but I have found it to be true.
7) I am becoming a big believer that less is more when designing programs for our clients. I really think that performing 4-5 movements with intensity is better than 8-10 half assed.
8) I think everyone should be taking a multivitamin, fish oil, and have a protein supplement or meal replacement on hand. The vitamin and fish oil are for basic health reasons. It is good to cover your bases. The protein and meal replacement are for convenience. If you have them laying around you rarely ever have an excuse to not eat right. The “I don’t have time” or “I was on the road traveling” excuses don’t work when all you need is 2 minutes, some water and a shaker bottle.
9) Trying to do too many things at once only leads to doing too many things really poorly. Trust me I teach myself this lesson over and over again in my life. It goes for fitness, finance, business, relationships, etc. If you are wanting to lose weight stop trying to get bigger arms or gain muscle mass. Laser like focus on one task will get your further than splitting your attention.
10) I am starting to understand more and more that I can’t serve others until I serve myself first. It is something that I tell moms almost daily. You have to take care of yourself so that you can take care of your kids and family. If you are not healthy they won’t have anyone to do it. I think that goes for me as well. Lesson learned the hard way.
I think that is probably good enough for today. I probably needed to do this more for me today than anything but I hoped that you learned a few lessons and took some good tips from it.
No more Friday ranting. Have a great and safe weekend.