Heather Loses 26lbs and several inches in her quest for health!
1) How long have you been at Force Fitness?
2) What have you accomplished since starting?
Where to begin…I’ve lost 26 lbs, dropped multiple clothing sizes, and have decreased my percentage of body fat. I can do proper lunges, squats, and “girl” pushups. My flexibility, strength, and endurance have improved. I have gone from struggling with even completing a boot camp to pushing my intensity to the max every morning. My eating habits have improved drastically, and I’ve been able to decrease my cholesterol.
3) What are your future goals?
· To continue to be successful on my weight loss journey. To date, I have lost a total of 64 lbs, leaving me with 44 lbs more to lose for (hopefully) a grand total of 108 lbs lost.
· To decrease my overall percentage of body fat, increase my strength, and tone my entire body.
· To fully develop my core muscles in hopes of one day doing a pull-up.
· To master some of the level 2 exercises and some day be able to do some level 3 exercises.
4) What do you like best about Force Fitness?
Everything! The workouts are challenging, manageable, and efficient. The people are fantastic – from the Force team to my boot camp peeps, I feel both motivated and supported, which has been a huge part of my success. Then there is Ryan…he has changed my life. Working with him has changed how I view food and exercise. I trust in him 100% and if he thinks I can do something, I know I can!
5) Why did you start coming to Force Fitness?
I had just relocated to Bloomington for work and was stuck in a plateau with my weight loss. I looked at EVERY gym in the area and every person tried to “sell” their equipment/facility to me…Force Fitness sold me on their results. It was a no brainer.
6) Were you nervous when you started? How do you feel now?
So nervous! Not only was I once of the largest people in the boot camp when I started, but I was extremely out of shape and have never done a workout like this before. I thought I was going to puke and die, so to speak, after my first boot camp, but I promised myself that I’d give it a month…and I am so happy that I did as I feel AMAZING today! I have become a person who loves exercise and leaves every workout at Force feeling empowered and energized.
7) What did you do to accomplish your goal? How days per week? Nutrition? Supplements?
From October – December I did boot camp MWF. Starting in January, I added on Tuesdays and Thursdays via Ryan’s fit academy. At the end of fit academy, I moved to boot camp 3x/week and training 2x/week. I take one day on the weekend off, while the other day is focused solely on cardio and core work.
As far as my nutrition is concerned, I have applied Ryan’s rules of nutrition/diet (lean protein, low carb, lots of veggies, some fruit, and little to no processed foods, eating 5 small meals throughout the day to boost metabolism, drinking lots of water) to Weight Watchers. I write down everything I eat and follow the 90/10 rule. I shop the perimeter of the grocery store and have become obsessed with almond milk w/ protein powder as a meal replacement when I’m on the go. I also take supplements – ProgradeVGF 25 and EFA Icon, as well as Adrenal Boosters, B-Complex, and Vitamin D Max (through my doctor’s suggestion).
8) How do your friends and family react to your changes?
Very positively! While they have all been impressed and complimentary regarding the physical changes in my body, they have also noticed a positive change in my mind-set. I’ve even motivated one of my friends to reclaim her body back as well, and we have recently booked a 2-week fitness vacation together in May!