Whatever it takes…What does it take?
To get great results you really have to be able to do whatever it takes. But, a lot of the time people don’t know what it takes to get them where they want, and many times need, to go.
There are a few things that you must have to get some serious results.
1) Dedication-when the going gets tough you really have to be able to buckle down and stick to your guns with your training and nutrition. Are you a stress eater? If so when you are stressed out you can either grab the closest box of twinkies, hit the drive thru, or you could get in a quick workout and take out some of that frustration. Heck, we have a tire and sledgehammer that are great for that right in the back of the gym.
2) A reason… no just that I want to lose weight. It has to be something a lot more emotionally driven than that. Maybe it is that you don’t want to die of a heart attack. Maybe it is that you would like to be able to run around the yard with your little girl after work and not feel like you have to have an oxygen mask to survive. Maybe it is that you are finally tired of feeling like crap everyday and are ready to really experience life! The reason is different for everybody, but if you can find yours you will be well on your way to getting results.
3) The right plan of attack. I can tell you from experience, a recent one at that, if you try to be perfect you will fail. You have to find balance! You have to find a way to include the things that you love doing into your plan and still get results. I want all of our clients to be the person at the table when you go out to eat with friends that can order a drink, have a beer, eat the steak and have a little dessert and still look great. It is all about our 90% rule. You can do what you want and have what you like 10% of the time if you are solid with your nutrition the rest of the time.
Someone just the other day asked me for a trick to fixing their nutrition. This person then promptly said, I know what I need to do and I just need to do it! They know there is no trick, there are no quick fixes. It has to be about small changes getting big results and adding up over time. It has to be a lifestyle change. It has to be a habit changing process.
Soon we will hope to be able to give you more of what you want. More metabolic group times, more training types, more nutrition help. We want to be able to help you in any way that you need it. It would also be helpful if you would leave a comment below and let me know what you would want more of. Your opinion matters.
If you want us to show you how to grocery shop, I want to figure out how we can do that. If you want us to show you how to stretch and regain some flexibility, I want to figure that out for you. If you need us to fix your nutrition or hold you more accountable, I want to do that for you.
If you haven’t yet you should check out the fat loss resources that we have (if you are a member). They give you everything you will need to lose some serious fat and get in the best shape of your life.
I am going to finish up with three quick tips on how to get great fat loss results with your nutrition.
1) Eat lean proteins.
2) Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Eat a lot of colors and kinds.
3) Ditch the rest, except for that 10% of the time when you can really enjoy life.
Be the envy of all your friends and make them wonder how the heck you can enjoy the little things in life and still look great!
Let us know what you would like or what would help you out and I will work to get it for you.